Scenario: "Dude, I'm just going to work some more. I'll be oh-so productive. Yay!" Imagine those days before that last big vacation you had with your family.
- You worked tirelessly to finish what needed done.
- You returned various emails, phone calls, etc.
- You fulfilled bills, sent out invoices.
- You resolved all customer inquiries.
- You ensured employees could do work sufficiently.
- Yadda, yadda, yadda.
You were one productive mofo because you wanted stress-free, fun-filled vacation:
- "My work's not going to prevent me from having fun!"
- "I'm going to kick its ass before it does so."
- "Done. Next. Done. Next. Done!"
To quote productivity guru David Allen:
Isn't it interesting that people feel best about themselves right before they go on vacation? They've cleared up all of their to-do piles, closed up transactions, renewed old promises with themselves. My most basic suggestion is that people should do that more than just once a year.
The Big Tip
Scheduling fun once a day -- after your normal working schedule. Then see how much of a kick-asser you become to fulfill all necessary gibberish, to keep your fun time chillaxin', relaxin', stress-free, fun-filled experience. To be that productive badass:
Schedule daily fun.
Posted on June 28
Next tip »