- You're rocking your business.
- You're doing it by yourself.
- You want some help.
Yet, despite your 98799048859 interviews, nobody passes your test.
You've got high standards. So what do you do?
A lonesome entrepreneur who wants people ' but can't find any 'perfect' being probably thinks this:
- 'The absolute right person, with the right skills, the right experience, the right background, the right demeanor, the right yaddas must somehow fall on my lap.'
What's Wrong With That?
The 'perfect' being that perfectly matches your list of requirements probably:
- doesn't exist
- or, is so distant that you'll have to take years finding
Better Way to Hire?
Consider three companies:
- Company A: hires amateur qualifications
- Company B: hires only perfect candidates with perfect characteristics/charm/experiences (waits years to hire 1)
- Company C: hires potential; molds into their ideal employees
Who'd kick the others' asses 5 years from now?
- A squanders their resources.
- B destroys their own potential.
- C has created a force by recruiting promising talent, and transforming them into a team full of superstars.
B's lost potential?
They could've used the lost time molding potential into perfection ' quickening the process exponentially.
Yes, you want the absolute best.
But, don't forget you can also mold folks into the 'absolute best' (i.e., your company's ideal employees).
Mold into superstars.
Posted on April 10
Next tip »