- You go to a meeting.
- You get bad vibes.
- You don't follow-up.
- We humans psychologically underestimate the likelihood that someone will agree to our request.
Think of this:
- You go to a business park with Freddy.
- Freddy tells you to go in that one office in the corner, and pitch your product.
- You think: "No! They're going to say NO. They're going to reject me. It's a waste of time!"
So, you lose a prospect. You sell nothing. Your numbers suck.
You do it continuously:
- You don't send an email follow-up because you "think" Mr. Kelly will say NO.
- You don't reach out to Company XYZ because you "think" they won't need your services.
- You don't work on a presentation because you "think" you're too small for Firm ABC.
So, you continue doing whatever you're doing, and not focusing on the most important aspect of growing your business:
- Reaching out.
You underestimate the power of asking.
You destroy your company's potential because you "think" XYZ won't need you.
The little sales secret of successful salespeople?
Just. Show. Up.
Posted on December 19
Next tip »