- Your favorite singer collaborates with an unfamiliar artist from a different genre.
- You love the new song.
- You start liking the new artist.
When muscians of different genres collaborate, they expose themselves to untapped markets.
- Taylor Swift collaborates with T-Pain.
- T-Pain gets access to Taylor's crowd.
- Taylor gets access to T-Pain's crowd.
- Identify your largest untapped market.
- Then, identify a huge influencer of that untapped market.
- Seek ways to collaborate ("I'll/We'll give you access to my market in exchange for yours").
Win/Win = WIN.
- "We'll include your company in our ad in exchange for you including our ad in yours."
- "We'll write an article for your newsletter in exchange for you writing an article for ours."
- "We'll offer coupons to your customers in exchange for you doing the same for ours."
If the exchanges aren't initially mutually beneficial, make it beneficial:
- The weaker side offers additional stuff until the two sides agree to a mutually beneficial trade.
Both sides immediately get access to untapped markets.
Posted on October 01
Next tip »