- Bill Gates = most criticized man in business.
- Tiger Woods = most criticized man in golf.
- Kobe Bryant = most criticized man in basketball.
- Your BIG Competitor = most criticized in your industry.
Why the hate?
Because humans crave status (i.e., Person X is happier being the top dog in a poor neighborhood than the small dog in a rich neighborhood), criticisms tell you Person X wants to take you down a notch to feel more content.
- Like gossipy high school girls telling their friends that the hottest girl in their class is the biggest frickin %#@$, Bob going out of his way totell you how much you suck means Bob probably secretly envies you.
The hater-ader-ade tells you you're doing something well.
The astronomically successful will this:
- 'The more successful I've/we've become, the more criticisms I've/we've gotten.'
Random criticisms = good.
Posted on November 02
Next tip »