- You're running a neighborhood chili restaurant.
- You're gunning for that big freakish competitor across the street.
- You try to beat them each and every day, but you suck; you can't.
"WHAT OH WHAT DO I DO?" you ask.
Super Treezy tells you to slap yourself and quit being a pencil butt because you suck and everyone knows this fact. He explains:
- Don't beat your biggest competitor.
- Instead, beat how many visitors you got last week.
- Do the above endlessly.
That is, your weekly goal:
- Beat how many visitors you had last week.
If you beat your records constantly, Super Treezy explains, time-by-time/day-by-day your company eventually catches up to the complacent Big Competitor.
- Google doesn't try to beat Microsoft.
- Instead, it focuses inward -- trying to obliterate its last quarter's earnings.
- Google can't do anything about Microsoft; but, it can improve how much value it provides the world.
Time-by-time, as you focus on improving what you do over time, you eventually catch up to Competitor X.
Focus inward, and improve/improve/improve/improve.
Super Treezy gives you a HIGH FIVE OH YEAH.
Beat your records.
Posted on November 02
Next tip »