Chuck's favorite sports team wins 1 point:
- "Everything is so GOOD!"
- "WE played so well!"
- "I LOVE our team!"
Chuck's team loses by 1 point:
- "EVERYBODY SUCKS"
- "THEY played like FAILURES!"
- "TRADE THOSE LOSERS"
- Your winning/losing teams = SAME TEAM SON.
- The $&@#%*+ difference = made/missed field goal.
Chuck-the-suck judges his team on insignificant results (a missing/winning field goal) -- not their proccesses in getting suck/good results.
- Your can win by a few points and still suck (You win on a fluke play! Yay!).
- Your can lose by a few points and still be good (You lost on a fluke play! OH NOES).
Yes, results = important; but, how you got those results = #%*+#%* more much oh much oh many times more important.
If your processes suck (e.g., little calls made, little prospects contacted, no deadlines met, no customers satisfied, etc), and the results (e.g., $$$) are good, YOU = STILL SUK (i.e., you could've boosted $$ by making happier customers).
Judge yourself/your-team on the HOW.
Focus on how you got there.
Posted on December 18
Next tip »